DIY Daily Makeup Brush Spray
You might’ve heard that you should be wash your makeup brushes regularly (click here to find out how). Some say every other day, others say every week. I personally try to aim for once a week but there are times that it doesn’t happen.
That’s why I made my own daily brush spray, that I can use each day on my makeup brushes by simply spritzing it on the brush bristles and letting it air dry. I’ve seen a lot of high-end, ‘professional’ versions out there, so consider using this DIY recipe before spending your hard earned cash.
What you’ll need:
- A spray bottle
- Distilled water
- A funnel
- (Optional) Essential oil
- Place the funnel on the opening of your (clean) spray bottle.
- Pour in alcohol until it’s about 3/4ths of the bottle.
- Pour water until the spray bottle is almost full.
- Add a few drops of essential oil (5-8 should be enough but it really depends on the size of your bottle). You can always add more later. Fun fact: Not only does this make your mixture smell a lot better; it also helps to condition your bristles.
- Swirl or gently shake the bottle.
To use the spray, simply hold your brush out (I just hold it in open space) and give it a few squirts. You just want to gently coat the bristles, not saturate them.
Then just put them back in your makeup brush holder or leave them out to air dry if you store them inside.
There you go! You’ve successfully saved some money and know exactly what’s in your spray.
Do any of you have some other fun DIY tricks like this? I’d love to know.
Lots of love xx