You may have seen dry brushing on a spa menu or heard people talking about it but never really looked into it. This little gem is one of the best things you can do for your skin in the comfort of your own home.
Dry Brushing Health Benefits:
- exfoliating dead skin
- stimulating your lymphatic system
- reducing cellulite
- unclogging pores
- mildly detoxifying your skin
Steps For Dry Skin Brushing:
- Buy a natural skin brush that has a long handle (mine is detachable, so I use the long handle for my lower body and back and detach it to comfortably brush my upper area)
- Stand naked in your bathroom or shower area. Somewhere that can easily be cleaned since dead skill will fall.
- Brush from your feet and move upwards (towards the heart) in long motions. It is best to go over each area a few times. Be gentle on sensitive areas, such as your breasts and arm pits.
- After you’ve brushed your whole body, get in the shower.
- Once you’re out of the shower, pat your skin dry.
Dry brush your body daily. For optimal results, dry brush twice a day. You will notice and feel skin improvements after a few weeks of dry brushing.
Cleaning Your Brush:
Simply clean your brush using soapy water and rinse it until it is soap-free. Allow it to dry in the open-air, direct sunlight.
Lots of love xx